FUE Advanced Hair Transplant with Combination of PRP & LASER
Dealing with hair loss also termed as baldness or alopecia can be frustrating. More exhausting is to find the right solution to hair fall. Follicular unit extraction (FUE) advanced hair transplant with a combination of PRP and LASER is the excellent combination of hair loss treatment.
FUE Advanced Hair Transplant
What is an advanced FUE advanced hair transplant?
Follicular unit extraction (FUE) aka follicular transfer is one of the primary methods to obtain follicular unit one at a time. This advanced surgical technique is the conventionally preferred treatment for androgenetic alopecia, i.e. male pattern baldness. It involves hair loss concerned with frontal hairline thinning, balding of crown & temple points.
Follicular unit extraction (FUE) treatment procedures:
- FUE first involves cleaning of the area of the head where hair follicles are to be harvested.
- Local anaesthesia usually lidocaine is used to numb the harvesting area.
- Small circular punches (approximately 1.0 mm) are made to extract a follicular unit from the scalp donor area.
- Balding recipient area is marked to make incisions, to insert or reimplant the obtained follicular unit into them.
This surgical technique of hair transplant is minimally invasive and have a higher rate of success resulting in good hair density and more natural hairline. The success rate of FUE treatment is enhanced when paired along Platelet-rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy.
Platelet-rich Plasma Therapy
What is Platelet-rich Plasma therapy/treatment?
Our blood is made up of RBC, WBC, Plasma, Platelets. Platelet-rich Plasma (PRP) is a concentration of plasma with platelets excluding RBC and WBC. Plasma is meant to carry nutrients and blood cells throughout the body whereas platelets are small cells present in blood which helps in healing of an injury by forming clots and repairing the damage. PRP therapy demands platelet rich plasma to be inserted in scalp to stimulate hair growth.
Procedures of platelet-rich plasma
- Blood is collected from the body of the patient undergoing therapy.
- A concentration of PRP is withdrawn from the blood via centrifuge process.
- This PRP concentration is then injected into the scalp to induce hair growth and fast recovery from transplant.
Benefits of using PRP therapy after FUE
- Induce rapid hair transplant recovery and healing.
- Enhanced viability of hair follicle after the FUE treatment.
- The retention rate of transplanted grafts is improved.
- Early regrowth of implanted follicles is observed.
- FUE in Combination with PRP results is a healthy texture of hair.
Considering the benefits and long term results that PRP therapy proposes, surgeons recommend it to be paired with FUE advanced hair transplant.
FUE is to be carried out with higher precision and skills set to maximize the gain; hence surgeons with rich experience in the field must be considered for the procedure.
Sharing a few of our patients before and after results below who went through successful hair transplantation at Bombay cosmetic Clinics.
Dr. Ashok Pandey is a renowned cosmetic surgeon, who has hand on experience in hair transplants. Consistent success ratio of hair transplant performed by him have built him a profile of surgeon with most unprecedented skills and dedication.
For more queries related to hair transplant contact us.